There are plenty of fun ways to make work enjoyable, reinforce your culture and increase retention, engagement, and productivity in the process. Here’s just a few. What fun things has your company done? Please do share!
- Bring your _______ to work day (dog, parent, kid, spouse, therapist).
- Celebrate change – bury the past in a ceremony.
- Assign vision, mission or value “keepers”.
- Be a customer for a day.
- Bring in a motivational speaker.
- Community service – your employees can help in schools, shelters, with the elderly, at rescue centers, support the PBS fund drive, non-profit, create a clothing drive, sponsor a community day, give them a day off for volunteer work.
- Customers – Any form of recognition, thank you notes, t-shirts, thank you calls, candy bars, referral bonuses.
- Line a wall with pictures drawn by employee’s children or grandchildren, inspirational quotes, personal vision and mission statements.
- Send thank you cards home…maybe even with a gift card.
- Feed them – potluck lunches, healthy salads, ice cream trucks, popcorn trucks, cookie-baking contest.
- Fun – Create a mascot, fun committee, red nose day, poem contest, company rock band, sports teams, pass the trophy, company song or dance, costume day, wig day, hat day, tie day, sweater day, scavenger hunt, fill in the blank joke contest, company crossword puzzle.
- Holiday parties – There’s a holiday every month that you can turn into some type of theme party. Let your fun committee put it together!
- Create one page “how I make a difference” form where employees show how their work makes a difference on a single sheet of paper. No rules how they do that.
- Create some team videos, attain a customer video testimonial.
- Miscellaneous – Create a wishes box, time capsule, business cards for everyone, a haiku contest.
Those are just a few of my ideas. What are yours?