“A ship is always safe at the shore – but that is NOT what it is built for.” – Albert Einstein
“Does coaching work? Yes. Good coaches provide a truly important service. They tell you the truth when no one else will.” – Jack Welch, Former CEO of General Electric
“To excel at the highest level – or any level, really – you need to believe in yourself, and hands down, one of the biggest contributors to my self-confidence has been private coaching.” – Stephen Curry, NBA MVP and Champion
“Even modest improvements can justify hiring a coach. An investment of $30,000 or so in an executive who has responsibility for tens of millions of dollars is a rounding error.” – Jerome Abarbanel, VP of Executive Resources, Citibank
“Executive coaches are not for the meek. They’re for people who value unambiguous feedback. All coaches have one thing in common, it’s that they are ruthlessly results―oriented.” – Fast Company
“Only the mediocre are ever truly comfortable.”- Paulo Coelho
Over my 35+ years as a lawyer, business executive and leadership coach, I have learned the insights, strategies, tools, and emotional intelligence it takes to be successful. To be happy and feel fulfilled. At this point in my career, I enjoy coaching and supporting people on their life’s journeys. And… I’d love to help you.
My Goal as Your Coach: To allow you to become your own hero! This is your journey; my goal is to help you discover your path to success.
An Example of Coaching Opportunities
Executives get coaching for a myriad of reasons. Here are just a few examples of the executives I’ve worked with:
- Leaders who want to improve their ability to engage everyone from board members to the rank and file. They have a strong IQ and realize they need to build their EQ. Usually self-motivated.
- Self-motivated entrepreneurs who want to take their business, and their life, to the next level. Often younger and uncertain of their capabilities or opportunities.
- Entrepreneurs and executives looking towards their retirement. They want to solidify their legacy while creating an adventurous “retirement.” They are trying to unwind after 40 years of giving it all and golf isn’t the complete answer. Self-motivated.
- Sales executives that are looking to step up their game. Whether they are newbies or seasoned vets, there is always room for growth in sales! Referred by sales managers, CEO’s and the self-motivated.
- High performers who have caused problems. Could be a sexual harassment claim, discrimination claim or unethical behavior. Leadership believes their potential is worth investing in coaching to see if the can straighten out. Often referred to me by attorneys.
- Managers who are stressed out, stuck and no fun to be around…at work or home. Cracks are beginning to show, and the company is willing to invest in coaching to keep them functioning at a sustainable level. Often referred to me by HR executives and CEO’s.
Coaching begins with a no-cost introductory meeting. I will get to learn about you and your goals and challenges. Then I will spend the time coaching you through what’s on the top of your mind.
If we both feel this is a good fit and want to move forward after that, we’ll set a schedule and budget. I recommend one meeting per week and will require a three-month commitment to let the process bear fruit.
In the second meeting, we’ll get some clarity around your goals. Your vision for awesomeness. Is it less stress? More money? A promotion? New job? Complete career change? Better health? Better relationships? Whatever it is, you are more likely to get it, the clearer you are about it.
At the end of every coaching session, you will be held accountable to do one thing. At the beginning of the next session, I will find out if you did it. I am a no excuse guy. I refuse to coach anyone for any length of time who does not take action when they should. You must produce results… which is your goal!
- Clarity of career and life goals
- Career growth and fulfillment
- Financial success
- Great health
- Great relationships
- Laughing… for no good reason.
I encourage you to look at my LinkedIn page to learn more about my background.
This is a unique opportunity!
I limit my individual coaching to only 10 clients at a time. To take advantage of this opportunity today, and schedule an initial no-cost meeting, send an email to email@example.com.
Here’s to your success,
Don Phin, Esq.
What Don’s coaching clients have to say…
“I first met Don 20 years ago when he helped our Executive Team become a high performing collaborative team. As a result we accomplished our 5 year strategic goals in 3.5 years. Since that time, he has helped me grow personally and professionally. He continues to be my life coach and partner to keep me focused on achieving the things that are most important to me, staying true to my core values and developing my skills as a confident leader and mentor amongst my peers and teams. I recommend Don as a personal coach or as an Executive Team coach to anyone (or Team) that is ready to take action on their transformational journey.”
– Julie Harvey
Sr. Director, Employee Experience Technology
“Don is intuitive, insightful, creative and direct.”
– Mark Heyman, PhD, CDCES
Director, Center for Diabetes and Mental Health
“Don is an impressive combination of experience, inspiration, simplicity, and compassion wrapped up into the ultimate coach!”
– Kim Burman
HR Director, Glades Crop Care, Inc
“Don is knowledgeable, experienced, and genuine; he’s a rare blend of warmth and grit, and draws out the best in people.”
– Andrew Davis
Senior Director of Product Marketing, Copado
“Don is able to articulate the required emotional skills and provide practical advice in terms of vocabulary and tone to be used to manage one’s emotions. In my case, it was about integrating into a new company, and influencing change while building trust.”
– Thierry Godart, PhD
VP/GM, Energy Automation, EATON
“Don is super smart, and very creative, engaging and funny: he is an expert in his field, and has great skill in imparting his knowledge.”
– Charles Rubenstein Esq.
General Counsel at Beachwold Residential, LLC
“If you’ve wished that you had the expertise of a labor law attorney, an organizational leadership expert, executive coach, all wrapped in a bow of dynamic storytelling available in one person, look no further than Don Phin. With his coaching, I’ve grown even more confident in leading Bayberry toward achieving strategic outcomes by setting clear goals, getting buy-in from our management team, delegating responsibilities, and instilling accountability in our organizational culture. Don is invaluable to me and to my agency.”
– Linda Plourde
Executive Director, Bayberry, Inc.
Here’s some tools you can use!