I have had the wonderful opportunity to present to over 350 Vistage CEO groups nationwide. I’ve had a firsthand opportunity to see the Power of Peers in action. Now I am a Chair for the first Vistage HR group in California.
When looking to build any peer group the 5 part formula is:
- Select the right peers—this involves reflection on whether you are well suited for a group experience, and whether a particular group is right for you.
- Create a safe environment—conversations must be confidential and free from judgmentalism.
- Utilize a smart guide—maximizing the potential of any group depends on great leadership.
- Foster valuable interaction—conversations must be directed to what really matters to help members achieve their goals.
- Be accountable—your fellow members will expect you to do what you say you will do.
I was first introduced to the concept of peer groups in Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich. He discusses the value of The Mastermind group. It is an invaluable part of the success formula.
Whether you join Vistage or a similar group you can put Peer Power to use at work, at home and in the community.
How do you take advantage of the Power of Peers?